A delightful RAIZE DIY to use as a gift or to store your own cookies!
- Glass or ceramic jar with a lid -- make sure it will fit as many RAIZE cookies as you'd like to store
- Acrylic paints (various colors)
- Paintbrushes (different sizes)
- Painter's tape
- Clear sealer spray
- Stencils (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
- Disposable plate or palette
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Paper towels
1. Prepare your workspace: Lay down newspaper or a drop cloth to protect your working surface from any paint spills or stains.
2. Clean the jar: Ensure that the glass or ceramic jar is clean and free from any dirt or residue. Wash it with warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly, and allow it to dry completely.
3. Plan your design: Before you start painting, decide on the design or theme for your cookie jar. You can sketch out your ideas on a piece of paper to have a visual reference.
4. Apply painter's tape (optional): If you want to create clean lines or geometric patterns, use painter's tape to mark off the areas you want to keep paint-free. This step is especially useful for creating stripes or sections of different colors.
5. Start painting: Pour a small amount of each acrylic paint color onto a disposable plate or palette. Begin painting your design on the jar using a paintbrush. You can paint freehand or use stencils or stickers to create specific shapes or designs. Take your time and be creative!
6. Layer the paint: If you want to add depth or texture to your design, let the first layer of paint dry completely, and then apply additional layers. You can also use different brushes to achieve various effects.
7. Allow the paint to dry: Once you're satisfied with your design, set the jar aside and let the paint dry completely. Refer to the paint manufacturer's instructions for the recommended drying time.
8. Remove painter's tape (if used): If you applied painter's tape, carefully peel it off once the paint is dry. Take your time to avoid any accidental smudging or damage to the design.
9. Seal the design: To protect the paint and make it more durable, spray a clear sealer over the entire jar. Hold the sealer spray can at a distance, and apply a thin, even coat. Allow the sealer to dry according to the instructions on the can. Make sure not to get any on the inside!
10. Personalize the jar: Once the sealer is dry, you can add a personal touch to the cookie jar. Use acrylic paint or a paint marker to write the recipient's name, a special message, or any other desired details on the lid or the body of the jar.
11. Let it cure: Allow the paint and sealer to cure completely according to the manufacturer's instructions. This step is essential to ensure that the paint adheres well and the jar is safe to use with food.
12. Fill with cookies: Once the jar is fully cured, it's ready to be filled with delicious cookies! Place the lid on the jar and present it as a wonderful gift or use it to store your own baked treats.