Ever looking for a little sweet snack during the day? This dessert topping can be that and so much more. On ice cream, with whipped cream, this topping is incredibly versatile and is a great choice for anyone working on improving their health!
1 box Maple Walnut & Cinnamon Cookie Sandwiches, crumbled and frozen
1 cup walnut halves
2 tbsp heavy cream
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup granulated sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Toast the walnuts in the oven at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes until golden brown.
2. Cook the heavy cream, 1 tbsp butter, and 1/4 cup granulated sweetener until melted.
3. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, and continue cooking until golden brown.
4. Add the toasted walnuts and cookie sandwich pieces into the caramel mixture, and mix until combined.
5. Add to your favorite dessert, and enjoy!